Monday, October 13, 2008

Clear Creek Trails

The kids and I decided to go on a hike on the Clear Creek Trails in Silverdale about a month ago. It was a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon. I wasn't sure how they would do, but they did awesome! Avery is quite a hiker; she lead us the entire way. We decided that we would do the same hike once a month so we could compare how the landscape, insects, critters and the change in the foliage from month to month. We also decided that each month we would invite a special guest to come along with us. Our first guest was my mom "Gammy" in September. Our October guest was Marty. So far we have seen a frog, snake, grasshoppers, Canadian Geese, cows, dragonflies, butterflies, caterpillars, one tiny fish, a pheasant, a douglas squirrel, a dead vole ( had never heard of a vole so had to look it up when I got home http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vole ) and we have seen many, many pet dogs.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well it looks like my hopes and dreams of being a "special guest" to walk the Clear Creek Trails is shot since I don't wear the proper foot attire.